5.31.2012

Books and Movies

I am this woman's soul.


























What I've read this month:

- The Golden Bowl by Henry James
- Tristan by Thomas Mann (translated by David Luke)
- Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville (Audio)
- Tonio Kröger by Thomas Mann (translated by David Luke)
- The Paris Review #199
- Persuasion by Jane Austen (Audio)
- Le Nouveau Testament: Actes des Apôtres, Lettre aux Romains (Parole de Vie)
- The Adventures of Sally by P. G. Wodehouse (Audio)
- A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Audio)
- The Man Who Loved Islands by D. W Lawrence
- The Sorrows of Young Werther by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (translated by R. Dillon Boylan; Audio)


Movies I've watched this month:

- 無用 (2007)
- The Quiet (2005)
- Gran Torino (2008)
- Don Giovanni (1979)


*
Esther: You've read quite a lot this month.
Esther: Yea, guess I have.
Esther: But what does that mean?
Esther: Nothing. Nothing other than just that I've read those.
Esther: Anything suggestive?
Esther: No. Let's not go there.
Esther: ... You're a fool.
Esther: I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment